Washington Green Amendment Impacts & Benefits
An Emmy Nominated Show
Here’s The Story, an Emmy nominated show that premiered in 2011 and is produced by acclaimed journalist Steve Rogers, is now featuring a two part show featuring the Green Amendment movement. The show joins Maya as she explores the history of the Green Amendment movement and meets with environmental, political and legal leaders key to the movements past, present and future. Among those interviewed is NJ Governor Phil Murphy, PA Senator Franklin Kury who originally conceived of the idea for PA, and the chief justice who wrote the iconic opinion that helped launch the movement.
You can watch the show, see Facebook live chats with some of the key players, and see the full interviews that were conducted as part of the show here: Here’s the Story: The Green Amendment.
Amending the Washington Constitution
What does the process of Amending the Washington Constitution look like? Learn more here.
Support Green Amendments For the Generations!
Learn More Below
Factsheets and Materials
Understanding and Implementing a Green Amendment in Washington
The Green Amendment Concept
- The Green Amendment, Securing Our Rights to a Healthy Environment—The Book
- What is a Green Amendment
- Green Amendment Checklist: Essential Criteria for a Green Amendment
- Green Amendment Frequently Asked Questions & Their Answers
- Demanding and Defending Your Rights to Clean Air, Clean Water, & a Healthy Environment
- Giving Constitutional Power to Environmental Justice
- ELI Dialogue: Green Amendments, A Vehicle for Environmental Justice Panel Fall 2021
- How To Implement & Apply a Green Amendment
- Protections Offered with Trust Language in a Green Amendment
- Using Green Amendments to Strengthen Environmental Justice
- Benefits of a Constitutional Provision Protecting Environmental Rights
- Green Amendments, Properly Placed and Written, Are A Restraint On Governmental Authority - Article By Team of Attorneys that Successfully Argued PA Case
- The Green Amendment: An Idea Whose Time It Has Always Been, by Gerald J. Williams, Esq.
Webinars & Video Content
Resources for Teachers/Educators
- Green Amendment Teacher Guide (Print | Screen)
- Student Guide and more available
- Virtual Canoe Race - Online educational adventure game that teaches Geography, History, and Science in a trivia contest format
- Article: How to Talk to Your Kids About Climate Change — & Why You Have To
How Green Amendments Are Making a Difference Where They Exist
- Find more legal resources involving Green Amendments and learn how they have secured critical environmental protections in the 3 states where they exist: Pennsylvania, Montana, New York.